Saturday, March 2, 2013

March: The Month of Miyazaki

-->

Hello Everyone! I know it has been a while since my last review but I decided to come back with something big. It is March, which means that I should review films based on one of my favorite directors whose name also starts with an M. Miyazaki.


A Little About Miyazaki and Studio Ghibli

Hayao Miyazaki is a legendary filmmaker whose work I have already reviewed in the past (Nausicaa of The Valley of the Wind).  He is best known for his work in creating some of the greatest anime films of all time. He is also known for being the mastermind who started Studio Ghibli, which has gone down in film history as one of the most influential animation studios within the last 30 years. Ghibli is often called “The Pixar of Japan” because of Disney’s US acquisition of the studio alongside the legacy that the studio has not only in Japan but all around the world.. Miyazaki started Studio Ghibli in 1984 during the production of Nausicaa.  Before this he was known for directing the film “Lupin the Third: The Castle of Cagliostro”.





What to Expect from this Month

As this is the Month of Miyazaki there will be at least 4 Reviews and the one rule of this month is that all of the films had to have been directed by Miyazaki. 4 reviews will be at the minimum because I want to review as much of his work as possible. There is also the possibility of seeing a video review come around as well. I am a huge fan of almost anything Studio Ghibli and this month serves as a way to express my fondness for these films and the beauty that each one presents in the visual medium of film. 
 
By The way this is where Month of Miyazaki came from!

No comments:

Post a Comment